Diversity at UMass Memorial is an integral element of our core mission, values, strategies and key initiatives. We recognize the many cultures, languages and backgrounds of our patients and workforce. Therefore, we are mindful that integrating, valuing and promoting diversity in all that we do enhances the quality of care we provide, and fosters a positive and productive work environment.
We demonstrate our commitment to diversity in these areas.
- Example: We ensure quality care irrespective of gender, sexual orientation, race/ethnicity, immigration or socioeconomic status.
- Example: We include underserved communities of all types in the planning and design of health care services.
- Example: We pursue strategies to recruit and retain a diverse workforce.
- Example: We work with minority-owned and women-owned businesses.
- Example: We adhere to relevant federal and state regulations, including addressing concerns related to discrimination or other inappropriate behaviors.
- Example: We update our policies to support and reflect our commitment to affirmative action, equal opportunity and diversity.