Pastoral Care Services at HealthAlliance Hospital support the psychosocial,
spiritual and religious needs of patients, families and staff with compassion,
attentive listening and unconditional acceptance. We believe in a holistic,
interfaith model of spiritual care that encompasses body, mind and spirit, and
support persons of all faiths or no faith.
We recognize the stress, anxiety, fear or loneliness that can accompany
illness, and many patients and families find it helpful to talk to a chaplain or
clergy for support during such times. Please ask your nurse to contact a
chaplain if you would like someone to talk to.
Our staff includes Chaplain Cathy Pimley, director, Ellen Aubuchon, pastoral
minister, Rev. Renee Anderson, and Deacon John Aliskevicz, and several trained pastoral
volunteers and Eucharistic ministers.
- Pastoral visitation, encouragement and presence during illness
- Pastoral support for patients and families in times of crisis, bereavement
and important life-support/ethical decisions
- Sacramental ministry
- Contacting patients' personal clergy when requested
- Empowering patients to embrace their spiritual/religious strengths and inner
resources for healing
- Networking with area clergy to provide a continuum of spiritual support
- Bereavement support and follow up when requested
- Reiki, guided imagery or relaxation techniques
- Prayer shawl ministry
- C.A.R.E.S. Channel for relaxation enhanced music and scenery, Channel 37
Chaplains can be contacted at 978-466-2195 or through the main switchboard.
The chapel is opened 24 hours for solitude, personal reflection and prayer, and
includes a book for writing prayer requests or prayers of gratitude, as well as
other spiritual resources.
HealthAlliance Hospital - Leominster Campus
Entrance D lobby
60 Hospital Road
Leominster, MA 01453