Anesthesiologists at HealthAlliance Hospital provide care to surgical patients including:
- Consultation prior to surgery
- Delivery of medications for safe, pain-free surgery and monitoring life functions during surgery
- Postsurgical care as required
Generally, one of the following types of anesthesia is used:
- General anesthesia ensures that the patient is completely asleep and unaware of the procedure.
- Moderate sedation provides the appropriate medication to have surgery without discomfort, but not in a deep sleep.
- Regional anesthesia includes spinal, epidural and regional block anesthesia. Only the appropriate area of the body is numbed and the patient is able to communicate during the procedure.
HealthAlliance Hospital Anesthesiologists
To learn more about our staff, click on the profiles below.
Michael Black, MD
Dominador Cariaso, MD
Wannakuwatte Fernando, MD
Norman Gould, MD
George Kortyna, MD
Louise Lu, MD
Mokbel Matta, MD
Arthur Smith, MD