Volunteers at HealthAlliance Hospital are dedicated individuals who share their time, talent and enthusiasm to augment the services of the staff in their efforts to provide health care, education and service to the people of North Central Massachusetts and Southern New Hampshire. We offer volunteer opportunities at the Leominster and Burbank Campuses.
Volunteers are asked to work a specified schedule for a predetermined period of time. They work under the direct supervision of staff in the program or area and receive general direction and guidance from the Manager of Volunteer Services.
Staff members are grateful for volunteer assistance and appreciate their energy, enthusiasm and dedication. The hospital benefits from the insight volunteers bring and the information about mental illness, treatment and hospital goals volunteers take back to the community.
Qualifications to Volunteer
- You have to be 15 years old to volunteer
- Pass a drug screen
- Background Check
- Vaccination history up to date
- Commit to 4 hours a week for six months
Volunteers are assigned to areas that best match their interest, skills and talents. Volunteers work in many areas, including:
- Office assistant/clerical
- Patient Registration
- Emergency Room (18 years and older)
- Good Intentions by the Guild Gift Shop
- Hospice (separate training)
- American Cancer Society Resource Room (Fitchburg, Burbank Campus)
- Stock Room
- Information Desk
- Patient Liaison
- Simonds-Hurd Complementary Care Center (Fitchburg, Burbank Campus)
- Cancer Center (Fitchburg, Burbank Campus)
- Caring Hands Volunteer Program (Fitchburg, Burbank Campus)
- Reiki Volunteer Program (Fitchburg, Burbank Campus)
- Art in Medicine Program (Fitchburg, Burbank Campus)
How to Become a Volunteer
HealthAlliance Hospital is fortunate enough to have approximately 200 volunteers who donate more than 19,000 hours of service to HealthAlliance Hospital annually.
We would be delighted to meet you and see if we can make a match for you to join our team.
Application for Volunteer Services (18 years and older)
Teen Application for Volunteer Services (15-17 years old)
Get started as a HealthAlliance Hospital volunteer by contacting:
Heidi Getek, Manager of Volunteer Services
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at HealthAlliance Hospital.