The Diabetes Education Program at Marlborough Hospital is nationally
certified by the American Diabetes Association and is staffed by a registered
nurse and certified diabetes educator. The program provides one-on-one
counseling as well as classes to patients ages 18 and older who have diabetes.
Participants receive in-depth education and advice on diabetes management
techniques, preventing long-term complications and the psychological effects of
living with diabetes. Registered dietitians also provide medical
nutrition therapy and counseling.
Topics covered by the Diabetes Education Program include:
- Blood glucose monitoring
- Continuous glucose monitoring available
- Diabetes self-management techniques, including exercise
- Foot care
- Gestational diabetes education and counseling
- Insulin pump education and management
- Managing different types of diabetes
- Medications including insulin
- Preventing long-term complications from diabetes
- Psychological effects of diabetes
- Role of diet and nutrition in managing diabetes
an appointment for the Diabetes Education Program, call 508-486-5430.
Street, Marlborough, MA 01752