Contact Media Relations: 508-793-5726
Rob Brogna: Manager, Media and Public Relations
508-793-5394 - Direct office
508-793-5726 - Media relations
774-317-0422 - Mobile
508-334-8602 - Fax
To effectively facilitate the requests of media reporting on news and events
at UMass Memorial Medical Center, the Media and Public Relations Department has
established the following guidelines for reporters requesting information or
- Media must arrange all interviews and photo shoots with UMass Memorial staff
or patients in advance through the Media and Public Relations Department.
- To ensure confidentiality, privacy, and appropriate sensitivity to patients
and families, reporters, film crews, and photographers must always be
accompanied by a Media and Public Relations staff person while on any of the
UMass Memorial campuses.
- Unless otherwise instructed by a member of the Media and Public Relations
Department, members of the media will be provided complimentary parking. UMass
Memorial security will remove unauthorized media and/or vehicles from the
facility as necessary.
- Media will be met by Media and Public Relations staff in the lobby of the
pre-determined campus building and escorted to the appropriate location in the
- No patient information other than a one-word condition description is made
available to the media. No information will be released on patients who are not
identified by name by the media.
- Patients who agree to be interviewed or filmed at UMass Memorial must
provide prior written consent to Media and Public Relations staff.