Blood donors must:
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Weigh at least 110 pounds
- Be in good health and feel good on the day of the donation
- Be free from respiratory infections, and allergy and asthma symptoms on the day of donation
- Not have had a dental cleaning within 72 hours
- Not have had heart disease, lung disease or hepatitis
Donors currently taking any medications, including aspirin, other over-the-counter remedies or a physician-prescribed medication, should call the Blood Donor Center to confirm eligibility for donation.