Injury and illness affect the entire family. Our UMass Memorial Children's Medical Center Pediatric Social Work Program helps patients and their families cope with hospitalization and the challenges beyond, as well as with adjustment to diagnosis and treatment. Licensed pediatric social workers are part of the multidisciplinary team that provides services based on the unique needs of each child and family.
Our caring team of clinical social workers assist in many areas, including:
- Ways to deal with chronic illness
- Education on an illness
- Assistance with schools
- Support for parents
- Support for end-of-life issues
- Education on injury prevention and violence prevention
- Referral and support for drug, alcohol and mental health issues
- Referral and support for housing and finance issues
- Education and referral to community resources and support systems
- Liaison with schools and community agencies
- Bereavement counseling
- Trauma/crisis intervention counseling
For help in choosing a physician, call 800-431-5151.
To contact the Pediatric Social Work Program, call 774-443-3403.
UMass Memorial Children's Medical Center
Fifth Floor, University Campus
55 Lake Avenue North, Worcester, MA 01655