The Child Protection Program at the UMass Memorial Children's Medical Center in Worcester offers comprehensive clinical services, consultation and training designed to evaluate children for and protect children from maltreatment including physical abuse, sexual abuse, neglect and witnessing domestic violence. All evaluations include case review and treatment planning.
The child protection team includes physicians specially trained in forensics, nurse specialists, social workers and advocates. Services include:
- Outpatient evaluation of children for suspected physical abuse, sexual abuse and neglect
- Inpatient evaluation of children for suspected maltreatment
- Consultation to clinicians regarding appropriate child abuse reporting
- Chart review
- Expert witness
- Extensive educational activities
- Liaison with community agencies
For further information, call the Child Protection administrative office at 774-442-6629.
Staff members have prepared a directory of mental health clinicians and agencies providing counseling to children. This directory is available to the professional community. To receive a copy, call the office.