Comprehensive genetics services for adults, children and their families are available at UMass Memorial Medical Center in Worcester. These services, provided in a caring and compassionate environment, include diagnosis, genetic counseling and patient management.
Oftentimes, the team is part of the evaluation of certain cancers, rheumatologic disorders and adult-onset neurologic diseases.
The pediatric genetics team works closely with the Cytogenetics and Molecular Diagnostic Laboratories in the UMass Memorial Hospital Laboratories, and with the UMass Memorial Divisions of Neonatology and Perinatal Medicine.
Genetics Services include:
- Genetic counseling/testing of individuals with hereditary cancer syndromes
- Diagnosis and management of patients with congenital malformations, genetic syndromes, chromosomal disorders and inborn errors of metabolism
- Diagnostic evaluation of children with developmental delays and/or mental retardation
- Genetic counseling and testing for individuals, couples and families who may be at risk for inherited diseases
- Diagnostic, carrier and prenatal testing for expectant parents
- The Genetics Dermatology Combined Clinic diagnoses and treats genetic skin disorders in children and young adults
- Evaluation and genetic counseling/testing of adult-onset hereditary disorders
Appointments and Staff
For help in choosing a physician, call 800-431-5151.
To reach the Genetic Division administrative office, call 774-443-2012.
To schedule an appointment, call 334-5979, and to learn more about our staff, click on the profiles below.