The Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine Fellowship is offered to medical school graduates who have completed an approved three-year pediatric residency or met Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education approved standards.
A Neonatology and Perinatology Outreach Program (for referring hospitals) offers outreach conferences, statistical data on neonates and continuing medical education (CME) credits.
Our CME programs are evening sessions for pediatricians and family practitioners. Two-hour CME programs are presented by neonatologists and pediatric subspecialists based on geographic location:
- North County Physicians - April/May
- Worcester Physicians - May/June
- South County Physicians - October/November
For information on CME programs, contact Julie Sealey at 508-334-6206.
|Neonatology and Perinatology Outreach Program
The Neonatology and Perinatology Outreach Program is conducted in conjunction with the following Massachusetts hospitals: HealthAlliance Hospital in Leominster, Harrington Memorial Hospital in Southbridge, Heywood Hospital in Gardner, Milford Regional Medical Center in Milford, St. Vincent Hospital in Worcester.
The program includes three components:
- Outreach conferences to discuss neonatal and maternal transports as well as a perinatal lecture are held four times annually at each hospital with a neonatologist, perionatologist, and a neonatal and perinatal nurse educator from UMass Memorial Medical Center. For information on scheduled conferences, contact Julie Sealey at 508-334-6206.
- Statistical reviews from the outreach hospitals providing neonatology statistics including maternal and neonatal transports on a monthly basis. These statistics, coupled with those from the UMass Memorial NICU, are entered into a database used for an annual report.
- CME credits (one risk credit) are given for each outreach session attended through the UMass Memorial Graduate Medical Education Office.