Pediatric Developmental and Behavioral Services at UMass Memorial Children's Medical Center provide clinical services for children and youth when there are concerns about behavior or development.
Common reasons for referral include:
- Attention disorders
- Autism spectrum disorder diagnosis
- Common parental concerns
- Developmental delay
- Fecal soiling
- Growth and nutrition problems
- Psychosocial aspects of chronic physical illness
- Recurrent pain syndromes
- Sleeping, eating, toileting and compliance difficulties
Special clinics include:
- ADD/ADHD Clinic
- Child Anxiety Disorders Clinic
- Child Behavior Clinic - This clinic provides child psychiatric assessment and short term treatment for children from birth to five years of age who have emotional and/or behavioral problems. Parents or guardians can call 508-334-0532 for an appointment.
- Growth and Nutrition Clinic - Staff provides multidisciplinary evaluation and treatment of infants and young children with failure-to-thrive, eating and nutritional disorders, and assorted feeding problems caused by developmental and/or behavioral issues. Children are typically referred by primary care doctors who have already screened patients for potential underlying medical conditions known to cause poor weight gain or excessively narrow food choices.
- Early Childhood Clinic
- Program for School-age Children - This clinic assesses children ages five to 14 and their families. Over the course of several sessions, staff addresses behavioral problems, and the family and developmental difficulties that may be contributing factors to the behaviors.
- Toileting Clinic
Appointments and Staff
For help in choosing a physician, call 800-431-5151.
To contact the Division of Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics administrative office, call 774-442-3028.
UMass Memorial Medical Group Pediatric Developmental and Behavioral Specialists
To schedule an appointment, click on the profiles below.