The UMass Memorial Children's Medical Center in Worcester is home to the Pediatric Pulmonary, Asthma and Sleep Services and Cystic Fibrosis Center where children are treated for a wide variety of lung conditions including asthma, congenital lung disease and the developmental pulmonary problems associated with premature birth.
The team provides comprehensive care and management of infants, children and adolescents with respiratory disorders, and is nationally recognized for its work with patients with cystic fibrosis. In fact, the center not only treats more cystic fibrosis patients than any other facility in Central and Western Massachusetts, but it also serves as a clinical research site to advance the understanding and treatment of this incurable disease.
The center also administers the Central Massachusetts MASSTART, which integrates medically complex children into the school system. The National Association of Pediatric Home and Community Care was founded by members of the center, and it sponsors a national conference on the integration of medically complex, chronically ill infants and children into the community.
Additional services of the Pediatric Pulmonary, Asthma and Sleep Services and Cystic Fibrosis Center include:
- Comprehensive assessment to evaluate asthma symptoms, measure lung function and identify triggers for asthma attacks
- Patient and parent education on environmental control measures to avoid or eliminate factors that trigger asthma symptoms or flare-ups
- Advice on recommended activities for patients with exercise-induced asthma
- Medication therapy for long-term asthma management
- Diagnosis and comprehensive treatment of congenital lung diseases including cystic fibrosis
- Sleep studies to assist in the relief of symptoms associated with sleep disorders
- Case management for the support of medically complex and technologically dependent children in the home
Appointments and Staff
For help in choosing a physician, call 800-431-5151.
To reach the Pediatric Pulmonary Division administrative offices,call 508-856-4155.
UMass Memorial Medical Group Pediatric Pulmonologists
To schedule an appointment, call 508-856-4155, or click on the profiles below.
Private Practice Pediatric Pulmonologists
To schedule an appointment, click on the profiles below.