At the UMass Memorial Children's Medical Center in Worcester, pediatric surgeons provide comprehensive care of surgical problems in children from newborns through adolescence. Emergency and elective surgeries are performed on both an inpatient and day surgery basis. Our surgeons also provide pediatric trauma coverage around the clock at our Level One Trauma Center located on the University Campus.
Pediatric surgery/trauma services include:
- Acute thoracic and abdominal surgical emergencies
- Chronic abdominal disorders
- Comprehensive management of pediatric solid tumors
- Congenital abnormalities of the head, chest, abdomen and inguino-scrotal region
- Feeding disorders
- Neonatal surgery
- Nutritional support
- Pediatric trauma
- Prenatal pediatric surgical evaluations
- Surgical critical care
- Surgical oncology
Appointments and Staff
For help in choosing a physician, call 800-431-5151.
To contact the Pediatric Surgery Division administraive office, call 508-856-2128.
UMass Memorial Medical Group Pediatric Surgeons
To schedule an appointment, call 508-856-2128 or click on the profiles below.
- Michael Hirsh, MD, Chief, Pediatric Surgery and Pediatric Trauma; Associate Director, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit