The Craniofacial Anomalies Clinic at UMass Memorial Medical Center in Worcester treats individuals with skull and facial deformities for pediatric and adult patients. The center offers a highly trained team, which consists of an interdisciplinary staff of plastic/maxillofacial surgeons, otolaryngologists, orthodontists, speech pathologists, neurosurgeons and audiologists. The team develops a close working relationship with referring pediatricians, dentists, speech and language therapists and other health care providers to allow for optimum follow-up patient care. The current standard of care for craniofacial anomalies includes a team of physicians discussing a patient's needs and developing a unified approach.
Specialized procedures include advanced surgical techniques, 3-D computerized axial tomography, nasal endoscopy, video fluoroscopy, preverbal auditory testing and cephalometrograms. Long-term monitoring of facial growth, development and function is also offered to patients. Problems treated include:
- Cleft lip and palate
- Craniofacial anomalies and syndromes
- Facial clefts and tumors
- Ear anomalies
- Malposition of malocclusion of the jaws
- Malposition of the eye sockets
- Pierre Robin syndrome and anomalies
- Post-traumatic deformities of the orbits, jaws and skull
- Treacher-Collins syndrome
- Congenital or acquired speech anomalies
To learn more about craniofacial anomalies, visit the Cleft Palate Foundation (www.cleftline.org) or the American Cleft Palate-Craniofacial Association (www.acpa-cpf.org).
Appointments and Staff
For help in choosing a physician, call 800-431-5151.
UMass Memorial Medical Group Craniofacial Anomalies Specialists
To schedule an appointment, call 508-334-5969 or 508-334-5942 or click on the profiles below.
- Oguz Cataltepe, MD, Chief, Pediatric Neurosurgery
- Syed Kamil, MD, Chief, Pediatric Otolaryngology
- Edward Kazarian, MD, Pediatric Ophthalmology
- Janice Lalikos, MD, Director, Craniofacial Anomalies Clinic
- Madelena Martin, MD, Pediatric Genetics
- Douglas Rothkopf, MD, Director, Cleft Center