Our cardiac rehabilitation program at UMass Memorial Medical Center can help you adjust to life with heart disease by helping you reduce your risk factors and achieve your highest level of functioning. You may be a candidate for the program if you’ve had any of the following conditions or procedures:
- Heart attack
- Coronary artery bypass graft surgery
- Valvular or other cardiothoracic surgery
- Percutaneous coronary artery angioplasty or stents
- Stable angina pectoris
- Coronary artery disease documented by exercise tolerance test or coronary angiography
When you’re referred to the program you’ll be able to take part in education, counseling, exercise and strength-training classes to learn how to:
- Choose healthy and delicious foods
- Move toward a healthier weight
- Respond to life events with less stress
- Quit smoking
- Develop proper exercise habits
- Identify and treat symptoms relating to heart problems
The UMass Memorial Cardiac Rehabilitation Program is certified and approved by major third party payers. All health insurances offered in Massachusetts cover cardiac rehabilitation partially or fully for patients who have had a qualifying diagnosis. Depending upon individual insurance coverage, length of participation may differ.
We also offer a self-pay maintenance plan designed to assist patients in a supervised setting as they continue to exercise.
If you are interested in the program, please call your insurance company for an explanation of the exact extent of your coverage.