General cardiology services at UMass Memorial provide men and women in Central New England with the tools needed to prevent heart disease.
If you have high blood pressure, congestive heart failure or other types of heart problems such as coronary artery disease, you’re seen in our Ambulatory Care Center by experts in preventing heart problems.
Cardiology services include:
- Preventative Cardiology Program - evaluation and treatment to lower your current or future risks for heart disease. Studies show managing risk factors even for those who have heart disease can slow its progress. Our program also offers treatment of cardiovascular diseases resulting from diabetes. Learn more.
- Women's Heart Health Program - provides a unique service to residents of Central New England – cardiac care designed specifically for women. This dedicated clinic focuses on all aspects of cardiology for women, from preventive care to the treatment of complex conditions. Learn more.
- Anticoagulation Center - services that help you avoid hospital stays and lower risks if you tend to develop blood clots of the cardiovascular system. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and include a "bridging therapy" program and home coagulation monitoring and management programs. Learn more.
- Hypertension Clinic - support if you suffer from complicated hypertension (high blood pressure). Treatment usually involves changes in lifestyle, and, if necessary, drug therapy. Learn more.
- Lipids Clinic - treatment for your cholesterol problems, which can contribute to the development and progression of hardening of the arteries. Bold cholesterol management can decrease incidence of stroke, heart attack, hospitalization, disability and death. Learn more.
- Pulmonary Hypertension Program - comprehensive evaluations and treatment for this lung disorder, which can lead to heart failure and even death. Learn more.
In addition to adult cardiology services, our Children’s Medical Center offers pediatric cardiology services to treat types of heart problems common in children such as heart murmurs, congenital heart disease and other cardiovascular diseases.
A System Approach
General Cardiology Services are also provided at UMass Memorial Health Care community hospitals: