UMass Memorial cardiologists are experts in treating congestive heart failure, allowing you to experience greater independence and symptom relief. Our goal is to help you feel better while living with heart failure. Congestive heart failure requires long-term care and monitoring.
Through our Advanced Heart Failure Program and our Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy Clinic, we offer you the most promising treatment options available for congestive heart failure.
Informing you and your family about congestive heart failure disease is necessary for improving your health. We teach you about the signs and symptoms of worsening heart failure, and diet, medication and lifestyle plans.
Congestive heart failure services include:
You're an active partner with us in the management of your congestive heart failure.
- Heart failure assessment and diagnosis
- Heart failure treatment using current national guidelines
- Ongoing active heart failure disease management and evaluation of the effectiveness of medications, lifestyle modifications and other conditions affecting your heart
- Assessment to see if you may benefit from cardiac revascularization or other forms of cardiac surgery
- Referrals for electrophysiology services such as pacemakers, implantable defibrillators and resynchronization therapy; and our pulmonary hypertension program if necessary
- Evaluation for advanced therapies such as left ventricular assist devices and cardiac transplantation
- Partnership with Tufts Medical Center, which offers an Integrated Cardiac Transplantation Program. You’re assessed at UMass Memorial, go to Boston for the transplant, then come back to UMass Memorial for follow-up heart failure care.