For help in choosing a physician, call 800-431-5151.
To contact the Multiple Sclerosis Center, call 774-443-2222. Fax - 774-442-9122
UMass Memorial Medical Center – University Campus
55 Lake Avenue North, Worcester, MA 01655
Multiple Sclerosis Specialists
To schedule an appointment, click on the profiles below.
- John Weaver, MD, Director, Cerebrovascular Program; Codirector, Surgical Epilepsy Program
We ask that appointments be cancelled at least two business days in advance, so that we may offer that appointment to another patient.
Preparing for Your Visit
Evaluations and/or treatments may require several hours to complete. Additional appointments may be needed to complete the initial evaluation and will be scheduled at your convenience.
For all appointments, we ask patients to follow these guidelines:
- Call 508-334-9902 and select option three to preregister two days prior to your appointment
- Arrive at the center at least 30 minutes prior to the scheduled appointment to accommodate the registration process
- Bring any MRI films, not just the report
- Bring all related doctor’s notes; patients who do not have copies of previous doctors’ notes, please send a signed letter (medical release) to each of the appropriate doctors several weeks before the scheduled visit requesting that the notes be forwarded to the Multiple Sclerosis Clinic
- Prepare a written history of symptoms and make a list of questions to be discussed
If you think your situation is urgent, please let us know when you call. A clinical nurse will call you to discuss the changes in your condition that you were experiencing and evaluate the urgency of the situation. If necessary, your appointment will be rescheduled to an earlier date.