At UMass Memorial Medical Center in Worcester, we have an entire team of foot and ankle specialists who provide the most advanced care. This includes routine procedures to today’s most innovative treatments. You have close-to-home access to outstanding care for acute (sudden) and chronic (ongoing) foot and ankle disorders.
Our complete team includes foot and ankle orthopedic surgeons, podiatrists, physical therapists, orthopedic nurses, exercise physiologists, radiologists and other specialists. They provide a complete range of services from timely, accurate diagnosis, to leading-edge treatment, and careful physical rehabilitation to help patients get back on their feet and back to their lives.
The most common foot and ankle injuries we treat in adults and children include:
We provide a full range of surgical and non-surgical treatments to relieve painful foot and ankle conditions:
- Arthritis (swollen, painful joints)
- Bunions (abnormal boney bump at the base of your big toe)
- Hammertoes (toes that are curled due to a bend in the middle joint)
- Heel pain (plantar fasciitis is a frequent cause)
- Lesions and tumors(abnormal growths)
- Simple and complex foot and ankle fractures
- Sports injuries
- Foot and ankle sprains and strains
- Foot and ankle surgery, including minimally invasive (arthroscopic) approaches
- Custom foot orthotics such as insoles and bracing (including plantar fasciitis orthotics)
- Foot and ankle braces and taping to help prevent sports injuries
- Physical and occupational therapy to help patients recondition and recover from foot and ankle injuries
- Diabetic foot care
Plus, our on-site imaging facility gives you fast, convenient access to diagnostic imaging tests (x-ray, CT and MRI).