The Women's Mental Health Clinic at UMass Memorial Medical Center offers consultative and treatment services for mental health issues related to menstruation, pregnancy, postpartum concerns, menopause and other reproductive health issues.
Our psychiatrists provide consultative services to your mental health provider, obstetrician/gynecologist or primary care provider for the following concerns:
- Premenstrual syndromes
- Stress related to infertility treatment
- Preconception and pregnancy counseling
- Postpartum psychiatric illness
- Breastfeeding counseling
- Perimenopause and its impact on psychiatric issues
- Breast and gynecologic cancers
- Pelvic pain
- Nausea and vomiting during pregnancy
Short-term treatment (up to six months) services for these conditions include:
- Individual and group psychotherapy
- Medication consultation and treatment
- Diagnosis and stabilization of mood difficulties
Download informational brochure (PDF format).
Learn more about the Women's Mental Health Clinic at UMass Medical School.