The Sleep Disorders Center at UMass Memorial Medical Center in Worcester provides comprehensive diagnosis and management of more than 81 sleep disorders in our state-of-the-art sleep lab.
Our services include:
- Clinical evaluation and management
- Overnight sleep studies and daytime nap studies, which use noninvasive equipment to measure brain activity, respiration and movement to determine causes of sleep disruption
- Unattended portable home sleep testing, a new technology that allows patients who meet specific criteria to complete their diagnostic sleep testing in the comfort of their home and at a lower cost than traditional full polysomnography based in the sleep laboratory; this portable testing uses a type III device that records airflow, breathing effort, blood oxygen level, activity, snoring and heart rate
- Actigraphy, a noninvasive method of monitoring human rest/activity cycles over a period of time
- Behavior modification instruction for insomnia
- Chronotherapy and light therapy for circadian rhythm disorders
- Specialized breathing devices, such as CPAP (continuous positive airway pressure), BiPAP (bilevel positive airway pressure), ASV (adaptive servo-ventilation) and dental appliances for obstructive sleep apnea
- Pediatric sleep medicine
Our Sleep Disorders Center is accredited by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine and is a designated provider of the Accredited Sleep Technologist Education Program, one of few sites nationwide.