Giving birth is such a special event. At the Maternity Center at UMass Memorial Medical Center in Worcester, MA, we offer an exceptional place for bringing your baby into the world – a setting made even more exceptional by the expertise and caring support of a respected team of obstetricians and nurses.
In fact, we are proud to welcome more than 4,000 babies into the world each year – more than at any other hospital in Central Massachusetts. The fact that so many moms choose to have their babies here is a testament to the outstanding maternity care we provide.
From the moment you decide to have a baby, you can count on UMass Memorial for the expert care you deserve. Our highly skilled obstetricians and nurses are here for you at every step of your pregnancy, providing:
- Comprehensive prenatal care and childbirth education to ensure a healthy pregnancy
- Attentive, personalized care to ensure a safe, positive labor and delivery
- Thoughtful postpartum and follow-up care to make sure that mom, baby and family are doing fine
Our Maternity Center also offers:
- 24-hour obstetric anesthesia care
- Certified lactation (breast-feeding) consultants
- Private birthing suites complete with a private bath, telephone, television and daybed, and a comfortable, homelike setting
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), the region’s only Level III NICU providing advanced neonatal care for high-risk premature and low-birth weight newborns
- Umbilical cord blood donation through New England's first cord blood donation program
- Welcome Newborn, our web-based nursery service
As the only hospital in Central Massachusetts with high-risk pregnancy specialists (obstetricians who have advanced training in maternal-fetal medicine), UMass Memorial can handle the complications of pregnancy due to various medical conditions such as kidney or heart disease, seizure disorders, high blood pressure, diabetes and problems in a previous pregnancy.
A System Approach
Maternity care is also provided at a UMass Memorial Health Care community hospital: