The Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology Specialty Clinic at UMass Memorial Medical Center in Worcester, MA, offers sensitive, expert care for complex gynecologic problems in infants, children and adolescents from birth through age 18.
We provide consultations and treatments for complicated problems of the female reproductive system that may require medical or surgical care, with special consideration and respect for the physical and emotional needs of young women – and their parents. Our team offers the most advanced treatments for a range of complex pediatric gynecology and adolescent gynecology conditions, including:
- Congenital anomalies (defects that are present from birth) of the female reproductive tract
- Chronic pelvic pain and endometriosis
- Early and delayed puberty
- Adnexal masses (a growth or lump next to the uterus that usually starts in the ovary or fallopian tube)
- Malformations of the external female genitals
- Intrauterine device insertion and management
- Vulvar lesions (abnormal growths on the external female genitals)
- Amenorrhea (the absence of menstrual periods)
Our adolescent medicine specialists also provide care for young girls with more common gynecologic concerns such as menstrual irregularity, contraceptive (birth control) counseling and management, and sexually transmitted infections.