Staffed by specially trained emergency medicine and intensive care nurses, the Care Connection Center at UMass Memorial is a newly enhanced service focused on enabling referring physicians to quickly connect their patients to the specialty care they need.
The Care Connection Center offers a comprehensive and efficient service aimed at providing the best care for patients and a satisfying experience for referring physicians. All calls are recorded to ensure accuracy.
The experienced staff of the Care Connection Center will:
- Gather clinical and basic information to ensure proper patient placement
- Facilitate direct communication between the referring physician and on-site attending physician
- Arrange all internal processes, from securing a bed to obtaining records
- Manage the logistics of patient tranfer, via ambulance or Life Flight
- Check on patients and their families once they've arrived in their room
- Provide feedback directly to the referring physician
UMass Memorial Medical Center, part of UMass Memorial Health Care, is the region's tertiary care center. Specialty services include:
- Emergency medicine
- Trauma and critical care
- Intensive care, including pediatric ICU and eICU
- Cardiology, including interventional cardiology and surgery
- Cancer care
- General, vascular and neurosurgery
- Neurology and stroke care
- High-risk maternal and fetal medicine
- The region's only Newborn Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
To transfer a patient, simply call 888-334-4111, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.