MedWorks Occupational Health is a leading health program for employers and their staff. It is conveniently located at UMass Memorial at Southborough, 28 Newton Street. MedWorks provides job-related medical services to help employers keep their workers safe, healthy and productive.
In addition, we provide employee health-related services to meet regulatory requirements, such as Department of Transportation (DOT) physicals. Many of the services provided can be administered on the job site.
Appointments are required for:
- Injury follow up
- New injury assessment
Walk-in service is available for drug and breath alcohol testing weekdays from 7 am to 3:15 pm.
Our services include:
- Pre-placement medical evaluations
- Fitness-for-duty evaluations
- Civil service examinations
- Return-to-work evaluations
- Respiratory fitness
- Assessment and treatment of work-related injuries and illness
- DOT medical examinations
- Hearing testing
- Tuberculosis screening
- Vaccinations for influenza, hepatitis B, tetanus/diphtheria and rabies
- Post blood/body fluid exposure evaluation, treatment and follow up
- Case management services
Drug screening in Central Massachusetts
For many employers, screening for substance abuse is a routine part of keeping the workplace safe and, in many cases it is mandated by regulatory agencies. MedWorks offers drug screening to fit all requirements of area employers including:
- Urine collection only
- Urine collection and laboratory/medical review officer services
- Substance abuse panels including five and 10 panel screens for pre-employment, post-accident and reasonable suspicion
- Urine drug screen for DOT, National Institute on Drug Abuse, pre-employment, random, post-accident, return to duty, reasonable suspicion and follow up
- Breath alcohol testing for DOT in pre-employment, random, post-accident, return to duty, reasonable suspicion and follow-up
MedWorks staff has comprehensive knowledge of the regulations that protect the health of workers. You can depend on our experienced clinicians to help you understand and comply with a variety of regulations affecting workplace conditions.
MedWorks maintains current workplace medical and safety information on environmental hazards, infectious diseases, ergonomics, hazardous materials and drug testing. Our team provides:
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)-certified respiratory fitness medical evaluation including pulmonary function testing
- Hazardous materials examination for baseline, periodic and exit conditions
- Lead surveillance examinations
- Other OSHA compliance examinations
- Ergonomic assessment of workstations to help prevent injuries
MedWorks staff can design and deliver a range of educational sessions to fit your company’s special educational needs. Some offerings include:
- Blood borne pathogens training
- Heart saver CPR training
- First aid training
- Automatic external defibrillator training
The MedWorks staff includes a physician who is board certified in occupational medicine, a medical review officer, nurse practitioners, registered and licensed practical nurses and health educators. The depth and breadth of our professional team allows MedWorks to customize a menu of services just right for every employer.