We are committed to improving the health status of all those it serves and to addressing the health problems of the poor and other medically underserved populations.
In addition, we address non-medical conditions that negatively influence the health and wellness of our communities.
We aim to improve the health status of our communities by focusing on some of the social, economic and political obstacles that prevent people from attaining optimal health.
Who We Focus On
- Vulnerable populations of all ages (to help improve their health and well-being)
- Members of the general public who are uninsured/underinsured (to improve their access to care)
- Area residents (to help improve their health and well-being)
What We Do
- Fund the part-time Public Health Nurse in Belchertown
- Fund the part-time nurse at the Palmer Senior Center
- Assist patients with enrolling in health care insurance and SNAP (food stamps)
- Train college students of area colleges and universities majoring in health care careers
- Mentor high school students interested in pursuing a career in health care
- Offer a variety of community education programs and support groups
Assessing Our Community Needs