Wing Hospice provides comfort and support for individuals with terminal illness and their families. Hospice provides services to enhance the quality of patients' lives with a focus on patient comfort and well-being rather than on curing the disease.
Working in collaboration with the patient, family, caregivers and the patient's physician, the hospice interdisciplinary team provides care, comfort and support to assist the patient and family in coping with illness and the changes it brings to their lives. The hospice care team assists with:
- Pain and symptom management
- Personal care, including assistance with bathing
- Counseling and bereavement support group
- Spiritual support
- Maintaining personal dignity and self determination
- Respite care and companionship
- Medications and equipment related to the terminal illness
- Communication with distant family members if desired
- Assistance with financial issues and community resources
Wing Hospice is licensed by the Massachusetts Department of Public Health and accredited by the Joint Commission.
For information on the Wing Hospice at Wing Memorial Hospital, call 413-283-9715.
40 Wright Street, Palmer, MA 01069