The Center for Geriatric Psychiatry at Wing Memorial Hospital, in
partnership with New England Geriatrics, offers patients 55 and older
personalized care in a safe, friendly atmosphere. Our goal is to help
these patients when they need us most and restore them to good mental
health. On average, hospitalization lasts 10 days. The 15-bed Center for
Geriatric Psychiatry is designed to:
- Stabilize geriatric patients in psychiatric crisis
- Provide onsite access to Wing Memorial's team of specialists and health care professionals
- Improve coping and cognition skills through individual and group therapy
- Assist patients to resume daily activities
- Offer education to patients and families
The hallmark of our program is our exceptional team of psychiatric
professionals who specialize in geriatric psychiatry. Using the
strengths and abilities of each patient, we implement a customized
treatment plan that involves a team approach and produces the best
recovery for our patients.
General outpatient mental health and substance abuse services are available at Wing Memorial's Griswold Behavioral Health Center.
Appointments and Staff
For 24-hour admission and referral services, call the Center for Geriatric Psychiatry at 413-668-1471 or 866-217-2598.
Center for Geriatric Psychiatry Staff